Hi Matias arana 10 -- we are excited to have American Idol Wiki as part of the Wikia community! Thanks for joining us, and we'd like to give you some tips to help you get started on making your wiki great.
Your first four steps: Edit
1. Create your User Page - this is a great place to introduce yourself (and practice wiki-editing!)
2. Add a logo - learn how to create a logo image, then to add it to the wiki.3. Create your first 10 articles - use the box on the right to create ten pages, starting each one off with a few sentences. For example if you are starting a wiki on a TV show, you might create an article for each main character and for each episode of the show.
4. Edit your Main Page - add internal links to the ten articles you just created, and any other improvements you can think of.
Once you've done these four things, you've created a great starting point -- your wiki looks friendly and ready for visitors. You can then invite some friends to help you create the next twenty pages, and expand the ones you've built.
Keep going! The more pages you create and link to each other, the sooner that others who are searching for "American Idol Wiki" will be able find your project in search engines, read your content and join you in editing.
If you have more questions, we've provided a full set of help pages, or you can email us through our contact form. Don't forget to check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, organizing your pages, and more. Have fun!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
MediaWiki:Welcome-message-user and Default skin Edit
Have you decided which of the monaco skins you're going to use? 01:54, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- $3 will substitute the latest admins signature automatically, User:Wikia has the information about this under The welcome messages have four special variables.
- As for the skin, you need to choose the dropdown under admin options, not just your personal skin preference. See here for how to do that. --Charitwo (talk) 02:09, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Hey! Who are your faves this season?- TDI19 (not logged in)
- Adam and Allison! Maybe Danny too.--Matias arana 10 22:05, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Which ones?
Sorry if you didn't like that, you can put it again if you want:)--Matias arana 10 01:31, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah!!!! I Know!!!! :(--Matias arana 10 03:13, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- NO NO NO WAY!!!! That's imposible! Adam is far better than him!! NO NO!! :(--Matias arana 10 02:30, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, Kris sings very good, but Adam sings excellent.--Matias arana 10 17:50, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, why?--Matias arana 10 23:44, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, thanks!--Matias arana 10 23:46, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, let me see it--Matias arana 10 23:50, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- WOW, I forgot how good she could sing!! She truly deserved a spot in the top 13!!--Matias arana 10 23:56, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Did you like totally love the new songs! I love both! Rocket Science is so catchy and fun and Here Comes the Day is really heartfelt and nice!! There is another one somewhere called Use Me, which is more gospel style. ~TDI19!!! ...To......From... 23:59, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Those songs will be hits for sure! Is she doing a record??--Matias arana 10 00:01, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
I definitely think so! She is not going to give up! She is better off without 19E anyway!! I think she is going to do awesome! Also, I have been watching her Twitter, because I am like obsessed, because she is amazing! Here is the link: ! ~TDI19!!! ...To......From... 00:03, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah she is going to do very well! I will buy her record! She sings better than many of the top 13!--Matias arana 10 00:06, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, now it's fine!--Matias arana 10 00:39, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
Yo its Bill0327 how r u Bill0327 00:23, July 29, 2010 (UTC)Bill0327
Thanks for commenting on my blog!
L78lancer 18:45, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Scotty McCreery Edit
Did he get kicked off AI yet? Just wanted to know!
Mysterysolver534 (Nikki) Daughter of Athena 13:35, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
I didn't realize you were on American Idol Wiki as well :)
I was wondering if AI Wiki would be interested in setting up an affiliate program with other fan sites? I set one up for LyricWiki mostly linking to Wikia's many music Wikis, but it also is a great start when building an affiliate program. That way, when you start reaching out to fan sites outside of Wikia you already have a base of affiliates to make you look more "popular" :P Take a look at LyricWiki's and let me know what you think :) I also made you an affiliate button, if you would like it! Babyjabba 17:34, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- No worries about Tron Wiki, I can't even remember if I asked anything ;) Awesome, I'll set up a page for you later today. Do you have a preference where it lives? ie: http://americanidol.wikia.com/wiki/Affiliates vs. http://americanidol.wikia/wiki/American_Idol_Wiki:Affiliates
- I know some Wiki's are really strict about that kind of thing :) Babyjabba 20:41, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- K, I just posted them :) If you have a good place to link to them from the top nav or on the main page that would be much appreciated. I also included my email on the apply page, feel free to switch it out for an American Idol Wiki email if you would prefer to receive the emails instead. Babyjabba 22:49, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
Main Page ChangeEdit
Hi! I'm Lexi and I'm a Wikia staff member. I love this wiki and it's really popular, so I thoguht it would be good to make it a little more up-to-date. Would you be okay with switching the content on the main page with content from the current season, and perhaps some more images, maybe of past winners? The main page is a little text heavy and it would look really good if there were more images to highlight important parts of the text! Let me know if this is ok with you!
LexiLexi 20:14, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
"The Beat" VideosEdit
Hi, I'm a member of Wikia's Community Development team, and I was just wondering if you would support the addition of news videos from "The Beat"? Wikia has the legal rights to use these news clips, which are produced by Billboard. It would be up to you whether I upload the videos that are relevant to your Wiki to blog posts, the main page, or even articles that might reference the news subject.
PORTERFIELD 02:58, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Hello Matias Arana! I finally found the user founder of the American Idol wiki! Since you are the founder and you have the power to make another user an administrator, I thought I'd come to you. I would like to help out more on this wiki, I've fixed up several pages and I constantly update the main page and the current season pages. I've noticed a few errors here and there, such as a blank page that needs to be deleted and unnecessary templates and sentences. The power to delete a page is out of my reach as I am not an admin, but I would love to be! I can help out so much more if I was an admin, so I'm asking you a favor. Can I please be an admin on one of the most popular wikis on Wikia.com? Thanks! STO12 (talk) 01:03, April 9, 2013 (UTC)